Gross! A 14-year-old Boy Finds a Finger in His Food at Arbys!Sunny Chanel
I’ve heard all sorts of wacky stories about odd things found in food at restaurants. Almost all of us have found a stray hair on our plates, there have been instances where diners discovered used Band-Aids in their dinners, and there was the time a friend found a cigarette butt in his burger. But one 14-year-old boy found something far more rare, unusual, and disturbing in his sandwich. He found a finger.
According to Yahoo! Shine, 14-year-old Ryan Hart from Michigan was eating a roast beef sandwich with his mother at Arby’s. As he bit into his sandwich he made disgusting discovery. “I was like, ‘that’s got to be a finger,'” he told the Jackson Citizen Patriot. “It was just nasty.”
How did the finger get there? Apparently a worker cut off her finger via the meat slicer and rushed away to attend to her traumatic accident, but her co-workers didn’t realize what had happened. They continued preparing the food and serving it without any knowledge that a human finger had joined their ingredients.
The boy’s mother says her son is — and rightly so — totally traumatized by the experience and Fox News states that the boy “couldn’t eat or sleep, and had been prescribed medication” after the disgusting discovery.
Yahoo! Shine received a statement about the incident from the fast food giant saying, “Arby’s wants to reassure customers that we are committed to providing quality food in a safe and healthy environment. We are deeply concerned and apologetic to the guest involved in this unfortunate incident….An isolated and unfortunate accident occurred in a franchisee’s Jackson, Michigan, restaurant in which an employee was injured. Upon learning of the incident, the franchisee’s restaurant team shut down food production and thoroughly cleaned and sanitized the restaurant. The franchisee fully cooperated with the Health Department during the investigation, and the restaurant was given the approval to remain open.”
There are other instances of body parts in food, which Yahoo! Shine mentions here. But I think this piece of grossness is enough for today.
What would you do if your child found a finger in her food?