Hallelujah…health care reform has passed. While the process of instituting the changes will no doubt be a long and tedious one, several adjustments will take place almost instantaneously…within the next 6 months. Which ones benefit your little ones the most?
- Children under age 19 may not be excluded for pre-existing conditions.
- No more lifetime or annual caps on coverage.
- Free preventative care for all.
- Authorizes early funding of community health centers in all 50 states. Community health centers provide primary, dental and vision services to people in the community, based on a sliding scale for payment according to ability to pay.
- Adult children may remain as dependents on their parents’ policy until their 27th birthday.
- AND no more rescissions. Effective immediately, you can’t lose your insurance because you get sick.
Here are the rest.