Here's to the Moms: Google Celebrates Mother's Day with Heartwarming New Ad (VIDEO)Meredith Carroll
Expectant moms, new moms, lesbian moms, dancing moms, laughing moms, playful moms, adoptive moms, moms of gay sons, moms of soldiers, proud moms, silly moms, supportive moms, emotional moms — Google found a poignant way to celebrate them all in just :60. And just in time for Mother’s Day.
But the Google ad (that we first saw on BusinessInsider.com) feels a bit more inclusive to all moms — it’s not just about moms of athletes or breastfeeding moms. It brings alternative families into the mix without jumping up and down and patting themselves on the back for not discriminating. It shows moms as one category, which is as lovers of their children. Period. Which is how it should be.
This isn’t your mother’s (day) Google Doodle. Take a look:
Photo/video credit: Google/YouTube
More from Meredith on Babble:
- Muwhahaha! 10 Prom Photos so Awful They’re Sure to Trigger the Awkward Alarm
- Nerdiest Couple EVER Takes the 6 Most Awkward, Sexy and Hilarious Engagement Photos EVER
- Photographer Brings Dreams to Life for Boy with Muscular Dystrophy (PHOTOS)
- 10 Photos that are the Perfect Recipe for a Perfectly Awkward Mother’s Day
- Doubly Delightful: Dad Lovingly Captures Precious Twin Girls on Film (PHOTOS)
- Gorgeous Children Shine in the National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest (PHOTOS)
- Disney University: Artist Creatively Reimagines 16 Classic Characters on a College Campus