Take the Quiz: Do You Need to Step Away From the Machine?Deb Rox
It’s possible that you, my dear, need an Internet Intervention. Because it’s the last Friday in September–what must be the most precious of precious Autumn golden days of wonderlove awesomeness ever–and here you are surfing the net like Al Gore is paying you in icecaps to find the very last link.
You work too hard or something.
So here is a little quiz for you–because I care, you wacky little geek you. Yes or no answers will do. I just want to know if you’ve been spending a wee bit too much screenburn time lately, and if so, we’ll take it from there.
Yes or No
1. When you close your eyes and see pretty pictures, do you grow agitated when you can’t find the “Repin” button?
2. Have you tried to “Like” the charming visage of a children, cats or puppy in your house, only to find that you were clicking actual skin/fur/floppy ears instead of your phone screen?
3. Did you only acquire said children/cat/puppy for the page view or fodder potential?
4. Are you able to expound on the very important differences between Million Moms Challenge and One Million Moms as well as on your thoughts about the branding implications or lack thereof resulting from such confusion?
5. Did you not-so-subtly correct the grammar of at least two writers or email correspondents today?
6. Did the post office open one or more of your Etsy or PR product review packages suspecting that your frequent deliveries must be related to the type of small word-of-mouth-driven businesses that are depicted on Weeds or Breaking Bad?
7. Did you spend untold hours pricing flights and hotels to at least two blog conferences only to decide that you do, indeed, need to supplement your blog with the type of small word-of-mouth-driven business that is depicted on Weeds and Breaking Bad?
8. Do you have an electronic countdown calendar widget installed on any of your technologies or platforms marking the days until the iPhone5 drops; or, alternatively, is a widget unnecessary because of your daily news alerts or finely-tuned internal clock?
If you answered yes to 4 or more of these questions, I’m powering you down. Let’s go outside! Less than 4? Slacker!! You call yourself a mom blogger? Get a clicking so you can keep up, woman!