There is no shame in being a geek. And there’s certainly no shame in sharing parental duties with one. That said, nerd dads (or moms) often share certain idiosyncracies that cement their status as Dorkus Extremuses. (Using faux scientific terms, for example? That’s text book geek behavior right there.)
Wired’s GeekDad blog recently made this list of top 10 ways you know you’re married to a GeekDad. Crafted in honor of Father’s Day, it hits on the obvious (No. 1: “You spend your honeymoon at a theme park”), the unexpected (No. 4: “He keeps his spare change in a Miss Piggy bank (with a coin slot where her cleavage would be)”) and at least one item that falls under the every-guy-does-this category (No. 6: “He asks you to dress up as Catwoman for Halloween”).
It’s a fun list, so much fun that I’d like to add to the geekathon by suggesting the following five more ways to know you’re married to a GeekDad.
- When he found out you were having twins, he lobbied surprisingly hard to name one Mac and the other P.C.
- While working on baby sign language with your daughter, he taught her how to sign the question, “Did I do that?” Amazingly, even via sign language, she can ask the question in Steve Urkell’s nasal voice.
- He was in a bad mood for several days when he realized it’s not possible to buy Lil’ Pocket Protectors, Made Especially for Infants.
- Has already prepared a recommendation letter for the inevitable day when your son decides to pledge Lambda Lambda Lambda.
- Your husband looks like this guy:
Images: Cafepress.com and Fox via mediabistro.com