Jewish Woman Plays the Part of an Angel and Performs a Christmas Miracle for Single Mom Who Hit Her CarMeredith Carroll
The last thing anyone ever needs is to be the offender of a fender-bender. It’s even worse when it happens weeks before Christmas. And if you’re single mom Kim Kerswell and struggling just to pay your regular bills, there’s really just never a good time.
When she hit Sherene Borr’s car with hers last week in a Milford, Mass., parking lot, Kerswell, however, realized it was actually a good thing — a blessing in disguise, even.
According to the New York Daily News, not only did Borr forgive Kerswell for hitting her car, but she decided to “save” Christmas for Kerswell and her family.
While the woman were exchanging insurance information following the accident, Kerswell broke down and told Borr she was “struggling to make ends meet,” and “wasn’t sure if she could even afford Christmas.”
Borr, who grew up being raised by her mom only, knows it can be a struggle. That’s when she offered to “adopt” Kerswell’s family for the holiday season to ensure her kids had presents to open on Christmas morning. She recruited friends to buy all of the gifts on Kerswell’s 12-year-old daughter’s and 3-year-old son’s wish list. And she’s even taking it a step further by stocking Kerswell’s home with groceries, gift cards, toys and clothes for the kids.
This isn’t the first time Borr has done such a good deed — through her synagogue, she adopts families every year at this time.
“For me, she’s like an angel,” Kerswell, who said she plans to pay the good deed forward when she’s able, told WBZ-TV.
Photo credit: iStock
More from Meredith on Babble’s Mom blog:
- Naughty, Naughty Elves: 10 Elf-Shaming Photos That Will Put Your Kids on the Nice List’ by Default
- 25 Ways Not to Celebrate Hanukkah, According to Etsy
- Santa Came Early This Year: 10 Hilariously Awkward Family Christmas Photos
- Pinterest Anonymous: 10 Super-Obsessive Pinterest Trends that Indicate You May Have a Problem
- Yes, Please: Vintage Magazine Offers ‘Lessons in Manners for Children’ with Unintentional Hilarity (PHOTOS)
- ‘What if Wonder Woman Was a Disney Princess?” and 19 Other Classic Characters Creatively Reimagined
- ‘NYChildren’ Showcases Stunning Portraits of Kids from 169 Countries — All Photographed in New York City (PHOTOS)
- 15 Vintage Ads Show Santa Claus Smoking Like a Chimney Instead of Climbing Down One (PHOTOS)