If there’s anything members of the Kansas-based Westboro Baptist Church hate, it’s anything and everything that has to do with peace and love.
One little girl knows, however, that killing hateful people with kindness is the way to go. Kindness and lemonade, that is.
Jayden Sink, 5, who is the daughter of Jon Sink, the found of the philanthropic arts group Freshcassette – Creative Compassion, took it upon herself to sell pink lemonade at the Equality House in Topeka late last week, according to The Huffington Post. The Equality House, of course, is the rainbow-colored building that stands loudly and proudly for everything the Westboro Baptist Church is against — and directly across the street from their hateful headquarters.
Jayden’s parents had told her that the Westboro Baptist Church represented hate, so she decided to raise money to go towards peace. The sign on her lemonade stand reads, “Pink Lemonade for Peace: $1 Suggested Donation.”
Thousands of dollars have been raised by Jayden so far in person and online, but not without a lack of trying by the Westboro haters, who called local police to try and stop her — in between yelling profanities at the little girl.
The owner of the Equality House told The Huffington Post:
“As we all know, the Westboro Baptist Church puts a lot of hate into the world. Since we cannot stop them, the next best thing is to smother it with love. That is what 5-year-old Jayden accomplished today! Jayden set up a lemonade stand in front of the church. Not only did she quench the thirst of a lot of loving supporters, the money she raised was donated to Planting Peace so she could help Planting Peace promote a more peaceful world.”
Individual donations — for a single cup of lemonade — ranged from $10 to $230.
Click here to further irk the members of the Westboro Baptist Church by contributing to Jayden’s Pink Lemonade Stand for Peace
Photo credit: Jayden’s Pink Lemonade Stand for Peace
More from Meredith on Babble:
- Soulumination Documents the Priceless Yet Fleeting Joy of Families with Terminally Ill Children (PHOTOS)
- Hilarious! Museum of Bad Art Gives Your Kid’s Artwork a Run for Its (Ugly) Money (PHOTOS)
- 10 Photos of Kids Whose Parents are Obviously Doing at Least 1 Thing Right
- When Dad Doesn’t Know Best: 10 Hilariously Awkward Father’s Day Photos
- 12 Pieces of Graduation Advice to Guide Kids Through It All
- Artist Merrily Morphs Her Dad Into the Superhero She’s Always Believed Him to Be (PHOTOS)
- Breast Milk-Flavored Lollipops Plus 9 Other ‘Treats’ That are All Sorts of Wrong
- 10 Things Happy Moms Do Differently