The resulting photo is currently making the rounds on the Internet.
According to KLTV Ashley Hempel was snapping shots of Laura Morgan when, unbeknownst to the expectant mother, her husband sneaked up behind her and delivered an epic photo bomb.
Hempel uploaded the result to her Facebook page with the caption “These guys were hilarious.. right before she noticed he was bombing her photos.. haha!”
The photo garnered nearly 1,500 comments, was shared more than 3,000 times and has received nearly 120,000 likes. It even appeared on the front page of Yahoo!
“I couldn’t believe it really. It’s kind of like ‘oh my gosh’ overwhelming.” Hempel tells KLTV of her international fame.
Laura says she had no idea what was going on behind her, until Ashley gave it away.
“She just started laughing uncontrollably and I was like, ‘What is going on?’ and when I turned around, it was my husband doing silly poses.”r
Laura, who was hoping to have a few photos to remember her pregnancy, definitely got more than she bargained for after this shoot. I’d say this one goes on the mantle for sure!
Photo source: Ashley Hempel Photography via Facebook
You can also find Monica on her personal blog, The Girl Who.
Read more from Monica on Babble:
- Bodies of Subversion: A Secret History of Women and Tattoo (PHOTOS)
- The 20 Worst Parenting Overshares on Facebook
- 20 Creative, Amazing and Crazy Duct Tape Prom Dresses (And Suits!)
- 10 Hilarious Comics About The Internet That Are LOL Funny
- Dolls For Downs: Mom Launches Line of Dolls For Children With Down Syndrome