Having a Halloween Baby? Even if you’re not, would you consider naming your baby after a horror movie?
Parenting.com surveys spooky names from classic horror movies, books and TV shows. Their list includes “Harry Potter” names and “Twilight”-inspired names (Jacob and Bella), but those aren’t seriously scary so I didn’t include them here.
I’ve whittled down their suggestions (and added some of my own) to round out the list.
10 Creepiest Baby Names
1. Regan – the possessed girl in “The Exorcist”
2. Carrie – the blood-covered girl in the the Stephen King movie of the same name.
3. Hannibal– as in Hannibal Lector
4. Rosemary – “Rosemary’s Baby”
5. Freddie – from “Nightmare in Elm Street”
6. Dexter– TV’s serial killer
7. Norman – Hitchcock’s psycho killer
8. Chucky– I’m Chucky. Wanna Play? (from “Child’s Play”)
9. Christine – Stephen King’s evil car
10. Damien – the devil child in “The Omen”
Can you think of any other spooky baby names I forgot to include? And would you name your baby after a horror movie?