There are few small children who don’t toy with the idea of pursuing a career as an astronaut. So many stars and planets to see, so little time.
Seven-year-old Dexter would like to be an astronaut. Specifically, he’d like to explore Mars. However, unlike Veruca Salt who wants an Oompah Loompah now, Dexter gets that, at 7, it’ll be a while before he gets his shot. But that didn’t stop him from writing to NASA anyway and asking them to keep him in mind for future exploratory excursions.
Top photo credit: iStockphoto
Bottom photo credits: Imgur
More from Meredith on Babble:
- Child’s Play All Grown Up! Artist Creates Masterful Dioramas with Toilet Paper Rolls (PHOTOS)
- Cabbage Patch Wigs: For Everyone Who Feels the 1980s Came and Went Far Too Soon (PHOTOS)
- Red, White and Awkward: 10 Fourth of July Photos with More Agita Than A Hot Dog-Eating Champion
- Toy Story vs. The Shining: The Mash-Up That Will Give You Heartwarming Nightmares (PHOTOS)
- Fake It ‘Til You Make It: Artist Mixes Total Strangers to Construct Family Portraits (PHOTOS)
- Daydreamers: Photographer Captures the Sparkle of People Envisioning Happiness (PHOTOS)