There are lots of benefits to parenting. Macaroni and cheese scraps, for example. Being seen as a superhero, for another. Kisses. Hugs. That sleepy smell in the fold of their neck right after they wake up.
Another benefit of parenting? Getting to live in your kid’s world. It’s so magical, so special, so utterly nonsensical — it will wash away the worries of your day as you get absorbed, folded into, carried away and wrapped up into the head of your child’s lovely, adorable, so-cute-it-literally-pains-you imagination.
This 40-second video (that we first saw on The Huffington Post) called “Luna Hiding” pretty much sums it all up: A dad is playing hide-and-seek with his toddler. And, like her name Luna, she’s as hidden as a full moon on a clear night. Also like a full moon — you just can’t help but smile at the wonder of it all.
Take a look:
Photo credit: iStockphoto
Video credit: Tom Pullan/YouTube
More from Meredith on Babble:
- 10 Ways Being a Mom Will Make You Feel Older Than Dirt
- 7 Truths Moms Have to Learn the Hard Way
- Splash! 20 People Respond Hilariously While Getting Doused in the Face with Water
- 18 Sweet Babies Comically Pucker Up to Sour Lemon Slices
- Look, Kids! Big Ben! 10 Awkward Vacation Photos More Painful Than the Griswolds’
- Photographer Uses Children to Brilliantly Re-create 6 Famous Images of Pop-Culture Icons
- 15 Hilarious Photos of a Little Girl with a Big Personality in ‘Photogenic Princess’ Series
- Clever Photographer Chalks Up a Win with Baby “Blackboard Adventures’ Portraits (PHOTOS)
- The Sound of Silence: 7 Reasons Why Quiet Never Also Means Peace with Little Kids