The Orval Kent food company has issued a voluntary recall on 23 of their food products. The company has described this recall as a precautionary measure because they may contain cilantro that was recalled by Epic Veg, Inc.
The Epic Veg recall was due to the potential of contamination with Salmonella. Orval Kent’s supplier Field Fresh Foods originally distributed the cilantro.
If you have purchased any of the Orval Kent products listed below, you should return them immediately and not eat them. You can get a full refund, or safe replacement product at the store you originally purchased the product from.
The Recall includes some of the following :
- Bistro 28 Cranberry Mango Pico de Gallo
- California Pizza Kitchen BBQ Chopped Chicken Salad
- Trader Joe’s Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette
- Trader Joe’s Cilantro Dressing
- Fish House Foods Southwest Fajita Bean Salad with Chicken
- Fry’s Krab Ceviche Fry, Orval Kent Chipotle Chicken Pasta Kit
For a full list of all the recalled products, you can visit the FDA’s website.