There’s no single way to celebrate the greatness of the United States of America — and the clever folks over at Play-Doh weren’t about to reinvent the wheel.
Which is why they asked their fans on Facebook to vote on what they felt was worth celebrating about each individual state. Starting on Memorial Day, they polled different groups from coast to coast about the icons that most represented the spirit of the states, and the winners were sculpted — out of Play-Doh, of course — into a comprehensive map of the country.
Happy 4th of July — and have some fun looking at the Play-Doh map of the United States, as well as some of the individually sculpted state icons:
Red, White and Play-Doh 1 of 12
A country-wide celebration of icons sculpted out of Play-Doh compound.
The Play-Doh States of America 2 of 12
Happy 4th of July!
Kansas 3 of 12
The Wizard of Oz
New York 4 of 12
The Statue of Liberty
Hawaii 5 of 12
California 6 of 12
The Golden Gate Bridge
South Dakota 7 of 12
Oregon 8 of 12
The Oregon Trail
Colorado 9 of 12
The Rocky Mountains
Nevada 10 of 12
Texas 11 of 12
Washington 12 of 12
The Space Needle
More from Meredith on Babble:
- Red, White and Awkward: 10 Fourth of July Photos with More Agita Than a Hot Dog-Eating Champion
- Fake It Til You Make It: Artist Mixes Total Strangers to Construct Family Portraits (PHOTOS)
- Cabbage Patch Wigs: For Everyone Who Feels the 1980s Came and Went Far Too Soon (PHOTOS)
- Speak Like a Native’ Ads Cleverly Suggest Another Language Lurks Inside Us All (PHOTOS)
- Daydreamers: Photographer Captures the Sparkle of People Envisioning Happiness (PHOTOS)
- ‘Fat. Fit. Flabulous!’: Photographer Celebrates Healthy Ladies with Love Handles (PHOTOS)