27 Pregnancy Tips from Mom Doctorspaulabernstein
I hope it goes without saying that I don’t think that being a mom is an essential qualification for a good doctor. Of course, there are many outstanding doctors who are not moms, but there are times — especially when you’re pregnant — when you want to hear from someone who has been through it all before. The fact that they happen to have an M.D. after their name is an added bonus.
Dr. Rallie McAllister recently collected pregnancy advice from mom doctors around the country. Some of it is fairly common sense stuff (cut back on caffeine), but there are some clever insider tips as well. Here are just a few Pregnancy Tips from Mom Doctors:
1. To cope with intense morning sickness, finely chop a thumbnail-size piece of ginger root and steep it in hot water for 2-3 minutes. Sip the “tea” all day long and chew the ginger when you’re done. You’ll be surprised by how much it helps reduce nausea.
2. To deal with overheating during a summer pregnancy, carry a battery operated fan, drink lots of water and dress in layers.
3. If you can’t stomach pre-natal vitamins, pop a Flintstones Vitamin instead. They contain 400 micrograms of folic acid, which is what most experts recommend pregnant women get each day.
4. Consider banking your baby’s cord blood. You might someday be grateful that you did.
5. Rub cocoa butter on your belly to help prevent stretch marks. It really does help!
Check out the entire list of 27 Pregnancy Tips from Mom Doctors.
Meanwhile, would you prefer to see a doctor who is also a mother? What was the best advice you got during pregnancy?