Kraft Foods announced a recall yesterday of three varieties of Velveeta & Cheese Single Serve Microwaveable Cups due to the possible presence of small, thin wire bristle pieces. Given how popular macaroni and cheese is with most kids, be sure to check any cups you have and don’t let them eat any that fit the parameters of the recall.
If you have Velveeta Shells & Cheese Single Serve Cups with the following “best when used by” dates on the bottom of the cups, you can return them to the store where they were purchased for a full refund:
- Velveeta Shells & Cheese Original Microwaveable Cups, 16 MAY 2012
- Velveeta Shells & Cheese 4-Pack Microwaveable Cups, 24 APR 2012 to 16 MAY 2012
- Velveeta Shells & Cheese 2% Milk Microwaveable Cups, 25 MAR 2012 to 30 MAR 2012
- Velveeta Shells & Cheese 2% Milk 4-Pack Microwaveable Cups, 29 MAR 2012 to 12 APR 2012
- Velveeta Rotini & Cheese Broccoli Microwaveable Cups, 29 APR 2012 to 14 MAY 2012
No one has yet been injured, but Kraft is voluntarily recalling the cups as a precaution.
If you have any questions about the recall, you can contact Kraft Foods Consumer Relations Monday through Friday at 1-800-308-1841.