Welcome to Babble,
Sign Out

Get the Babble Newsletter

Already have an account? .

Soldier and Father of Two Dies While Skyping With His Wife... What Happened?

Capt. Bruce Kevin Clark was talking to his wife on Skype when she says he was knocked forward.

Can you imagine talking with your husband, who is in the army serving in Afghanistan, via Skype when he suddenly collapses and dies?

It’s what happened to Susan Orellana-Clark last week. She’s just now talking about what she saw on that video feed.

According to Yahoo, Oellana-Clark said she was providing details of what she saw “to honor my husband and dispel the inaccurate information and supposition promulgated by other parties.” She says her husband, Captain Bruce Kevin Clark, showed no alarm or discomfort before suddenly collapsing during the video chat. In the statement, Orellana-Clark says that after her husband collapsed she saw a bullet hole in a closet behind him.

“Clark was suddenly knocked forward … The closet behind him had a bullet hole in it. The other individuals, including a member of the military, who rushed to the home of CPT Clark’s wife also saw the hole and agreed it was a bullet hole.”

However, as ABC is now reporting, Clark’s body had no bullet holes.

The Army Criminal Investigative Command came to its conclusion following an autopsy on Capt. Bruce Kevin Clark.

“Agents conducting the investigation found no trauma to the body beyond minor abrasions and a possible broken nose, most likely caused from Captain Clark striking his face on his desk when he collapsed,” the command’s spokesman Chris Grey said in a statement this morning.

“We do not suspect foul play in the death of Captain Clark at this point in our ongoing investigation,” Gray said.

So the question remains, what happened to Capt. Clark?  Tragically, the Skype link apparently remained open for two hours on April 30 while Clark’s wife frantically tried to get in touch with someone who could go help her husband. She was finally able to contact someone and was able to watch on the video feed as two military personnel arrived and seemed to be checking his pulse, although they offered her no information as to what happened. No wounds were found on Clark’s body, according to one of the officials, who said the death has been determined to be “non-combat,” and suicide has been ruled out as a cause.

The couple have two daughters, ages 3 and 9. Capt. Clark’s body has been returned to the family. The investigation into the cause of his death will continue.


Tagged as: ,

Use a Facebook account to add a comment, subject to Facebook's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Your Facebook name, profile photo and other personal information you make public on Facebook (e.g., school, work, current city, age) will appear with your comment. Learn More.