Jeff Bliss isn’t claiming he knows the right way to get kids excited about learning. But he definitely knows how not to get them excited: Give them packets.
The Duncanville High School sophomore got kicked of his World History class in Texas earlier this week after he questioned his teacher about why he and his classmates weren’t being given the same amount of time to take a test as students in her other classes, according to MyFoxFW.com.
Bliss said the teacher used profanity in her response to him and told him to leave.
Upset by what he said was the teacher’s “lack of passion for her profession,” Bliss launched into a passionate speech about education, which was covertly recorded by a classmate.
“If you would just get up and teach them instead of handing them a freaking packet, there’s kids in here who don’t learn like that,” he said to her. Bliss dropped out of school after his freshman year and later returned. He said he takes his schoolwork very seriously and would like all of his teachers to do the same.
The video has gone viral, and Bliss told Fox he’s received support from teachers and administrators — and even his mom, even though he thinks his approach could have been better in letting his teacher know her approach left much to be desired.
Take a look at the video:
Video credit: YouTube
Photo credit: iStockphoto
More from Meredith on Babble:
- Muwhahaha! 10 Prom Photos so Awful They’re Sure to Trigger the Awkward Alarm
- Nerdiest Couple EVER Takes the 6 Most Awkward, Sexy and Hilarious Engagement Photos EVER
- Photographer Brings Dreams to Life for Boy with Muscular Dystrophy (PHOTOS)
- 10 Photos that are the Perfect Recipe for a Perfectly Awkward Mother’s Day
- Doubly Delightful: Dad Lovingly Captures Precious Twin Girls on Film (PHOTOS)
- Gorgeous Children Shine in the National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest (PHOTOS)
- Disney University: Artist Creatively Reimagines 16 Classic Characters on a College Campus