My daughters are summer girls. Which is why it’s a crying shame for them that we live in the mountains of Colorado.
They love summer so much they want to hold onto it year round. And since I’ve already decided that clothing is not a battle I’m willing to fight, I let them dress for summer year-round — with some slight modifications. There’s no reason they can’t enjoy the fun flirtiness of a summer dress in December, just as long as there’s something warm and cozy under it (and, on most days, over it, too).
Take a look at how my girls figure out how to make the summer last year round:
Photo credits: Meredith Carroll
Do you keep your family festively stylish during the holidays? We’re giving away three $50 Target giftcards to brighten the season! To enter for a chance to win, simply comment on this post with a personal tip on how you dress your children conveniently — and with style — during the holidays!
More from Meredith on Babble’s Mom blog:
- Naughty, Naughty Elves: 10 Elf-Shaming Photos That Will Put Your Kids on the ‘Nice List’ by Default
- 25 Ways Not to Celebrate Hanukkah, According to Etsy
- Santa Came Early This Year: 10 Hilariously Awkward Family Christmas Photos
- Pinterest Anonymous: 10 Super-Obsessive Pinterest Trends that Indicate You May Have a Problem
- Yes, Please: Vintage Magazine Offers ‘Lessons in Manners for Children’ with Unintentional Hilarity (PHOTOS)
- ‘What if Wonder Woman Was a Disney Princess?” and 19 Other Classic Characters Creatively Reimagined