Summer is here and I’ve got a house full of kids that are already bored! Summer vacation is only a week old and I am already hearing “I am so bored” coming from my kids.
As much as I try to prepare to have the kids entertained, I can’t do it all. Spending a whole lot of time outdoors in the heat isn’t ideal for my son who has asthma, so during the hottest time of the day, I like to keep the kids indoors.
Whatever shall I do with them while they’re cooped up inside?
I entertain the kids the best way I know how. I’ve taken their typical sibling rivalry and transformed all that energy into a healthy and friendly family competition.
My kids and I are supreme Where’s My Water? gaming fans. Okay, well, maybe not my kids (since I always beat them at every level!), but I am. I cannot tell you how many times my phone has turned off on me because it’s run out of battery life … all because of the Where’s My Water? app!
The kids have their own handheld gaming devices and each have the Where’s My Water? app downloaded. When they start to feel bored, we turn off the Disney Channel, tap open the app and we’re off to complete levels. There are levels that I know they can’t pass on their own, so I use this time to teach them to help each other. All three of my kids are on different levels. When they pass a level, they get a treat! Usually it’s jelly beans! When we take breaks, we watch their favorite Swampy videos. This is what I love about the app. There is so much to do in one little space; the fun can go on for hours.
Mickey is taking center stage in the latest release of Where’s My Mickey? My kids and I can’t wait to get into our Mickey groove and take our gaming experience to a whole new level.
- Original Episodes – Explore 5 unique episodes with surprising and witty scenarios! Watch how each story unfolds and ends as you play through individual level packs!
- Brand New Weather Mechanics – Use wind, clouds and rain to maneuver through 100+ levels filled with fun challenges!
- A Whole New Look – A classic Mickey art-style with a contemporary touch, inspired by Disney Channel’s new series of Mickey shorts!
- Collectibles and Bonus Levels – Help Pluto look for hidden collectibles to unlock more bonus puzzles!
- Featuring Mickey and Friends – Discover more hilarious episodes and new friends, beginning with Goofy!
- Extra Levels (XL) – Play 20 extra-LARGE levels exclusively designed for the big screen experience! Only available on your tablet!
The games starts off with an amusing story called “When Life Gives You Lemons.” On a hot summer day, Mickey decides to open up a lemonade stand. He’s got a bowl, the lemons, and a long line of thirsty customers, yet NO WATER! Help Mickey collect water and “tri-star” each level for ultimate fun! Even the stars are animated!
In celebration of Where’s My Mickey?, take a look at how you can enjoy a cool summer day, indoors, with these 10 Mickey-inspired Summer Boredom Busters.
To find out more about the brand-new Where’s My Mickey? app – and how it can kick summer boredom to the curb – click here!