'The First Taste': Kids Hilariously Prove Some Food is More Complicated than Others (VIDEO)Meredith Carroll
Eating shouldn’t be a complicated activity: You put food in your mouth, chew, swallow. Easy-peasy, right?
Ask a 3-year-old who has to gag down some broccoli how simple it is. Or a 4-year-old staring down a pimento-stuffed green olive.
Food can be extraordinarily complex — and delicious, of course. But to get to the delicious part, sometimes you have to allow your palate some time to appreciate the sophistication of the flavors.
Try telling that, however, to a little kid.
Ad agency Saatchi & Saatchi produced a delightful video for TEDxSydney (that we first saw on Dinner A Love Story) of children taking their first taste of some “challenging foods” (think anchovies, vegemite and pickled onions) in which they’re shown in high speed (which is like high-clarity slow motion) after getting a mouthful.
It’s eye-opening and hilarious all at once. Take a look:
Photo/video credit: TedxTalks/YouTube
More from Meredith on Babble:
- Muwhahaha! 10 Prom Photos so Awful They’re Sure to Trigger the Awkward Alarm
- Nerdiest Couple EVER Takes the 6 Most Awkward, Sexy and Hilarious Engagement Photos EVER
- Photographer Brings Dreams to Life for Boy with Muscular Dystrophy (PHOTOS)
- 10 Photos that are the Perfect Recipe for a Perfectly Awkward Mother’s Day
- Doubly Delightful: Dad Lovingly Captures Precious Twin Girls on Film (PHOTOS)
- Gorgeous Children Shine in the National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest (PHOTOS)
- Disney University: Artist Creatively Reimagines 16 Classic Characters on a College Campus