5 Ways to Tell if You're a Sanctimommypaulabernstein
She’s the mom at the playground who gives you funny looks when you change your kids diapers in public. Or the know-it-all who lectures you about feeding your kids organic snacks.
Most of all, she’s the judgmental mom who thinks she’s doing a better job of parenting than everyone else and she’s not afraid to let you know it.
So how can you be sure that you’re not a sanctimommy?
Over at “The Stir,” April Peveteaux provides a helpful guide to determine whether you’re a sanctimommy. You know you’re a sanctimommy if…
1. You think you can write a parenting book even though you’ve got no special credentials (aside from being a parent).
2. You are “saddened” by other moms’ parenting decisions.
3. You subscribe to a particular parenting philosophy and judge anybody who doesn’t believe in the same philosophy.
4. You take it upon yourself to tell someone else how she should be raising her child.
5. You get defensive when someone calls you a “sanctimommy.”
Do you agree? Which other qualifications would you add? According to this list, are you a sanctimommy?