I’m staring down the barrel of a protracted few weeks until my 5-year-old starts kindergarten and my toddler’s regular activities resume after a summer hiatus.
Which means we have some loooooooong days on our hands. When I first became a mom, I longed for quiet and calm. I craved it. I ached for it.
Now when I get it, I have my finger on the panic button, ready for a DEFCON 1-level situation to present itself, which it invariably does.
Here are seven reasons why the sound of silence in a home with small children means nothing good — ever:
Photo credits: iStockphoto
More from Meredith on Babble:
- 7 Truths Moms Have to Learn the Hard Way
- Splash! 20 People Respond Hilariously While Getting Doused in the Face with Water
- 18 Sweet Babies Comically Pucker Up to Sour Lemon Slices
- Look, Kids! Big Ben! 10 Awkward Vacation Photos More Painful Than the Griswolds’
- Photographer Uses Children to Brilliantly Re-create 6 Famous Images of Pop-Culture Icons
- 15 Hilarious Photos of a Little Girl with a Big Personality in ‘Photogenic Princess’ Series
- Clever Photographer Chalks Up a Win with Baby “Blackboard Adventures’ Portraits (PHOTOS)