5. This old lady at Target looked at me and shook her head. She said, “You young girls need to see there are other things to do in the winter, and you won’t end up in your situation.” I told her I was in my mid 20s and had been married for 3 years and that my “situation” was actually a blessing!
It’s nice when geriatric strangers walk up to you and call you a harlot.
Recently iVillage asked readers to respond to the question, “What’s the weirdest, rudest or most oblivious thing anyone has said to you while you were pregnant?” The top answers ranged from baffling, to TMI to creepy.
1. A woman at the pool said, “You must be having a girl—they say that girl babies steal their mother’s beauty.”
2. When we announced our pregnancy, my father-in-law said, “It’s about time, we were beginning to wonder if you needed a biology lesson!” We’d been trying for a year, and I’d been on fertility drugs for six months.
3. Last week the FedEx guy said, “After you, your load is bigger than mine.”
4. A week before I gave birth to my first baby, these two snooty women walked up to me
and asked me to my face, “Why aren’t you wearing maternity clothes? Do you not believe in them?” And then they walked off laughing at me. I was wearing maternity clothes! They had just stopped fitting at that point!
Read the rest HERE.