Tina Fey Wins Again with the Best-Ever Piece of Advice for New MomsMeredith Carroll
If you’re waiting for the Tina-Fey ennui to set in, get comfortable. She can just do no wrong.
If her stint as the first woman head writer at SNL didn’t impress you, or her gig as a rock-star anchor at the Weekend Update desk wasn’t your thing, or maybe you weren’t a 30 Rock fan, or if you didn’t like her book Bossypants because you have no sense of humor, or perhaps her Golden Globes hosting performance wasn’t on par with Ricky Gervais in your little mind — fair enough. (Not really, but, whatever.)
But Fey recently spoke at a screening of her new film Admission hosted by The Moms and, according to The Huffington Post, she annihilated the inanely infuriating Mommy Wars in a single sentence.
Fey, a mom of two, was asked for advice for new moms. And this is how she answered:
“The advice I always try to give for a mom is… Whatever you do breastfeeding-wise — great. Great. Whatever.”
Did you hear that, everyone? Lactivists — you got that? Formula industry — was it loud clear? Women who breastfeed until their kids reach puberty — are you listening? Ladies who stage sit-ins for a right to nurse in public — is this thing on? Working moms who take less than their allotted maternity leave and choose to leave the pump behind — we’re talking to you, too, OK?
OK, then, perrrrrrfect.
Now can we all move on, please?
P.S.: Here’s the second-best piece of advice for new moms.
Photo credit: iStock
More from Meredith on Babble:
- ‘My Baby, Not My Child’: Brave Woman Documents Giving Up Her Infant for Adoption (PHOTOS)
- ‘Up’ Fan Art Further Illustrates the Sweetness of a Poignant Story (PHOTOS)
- It Was Only a Matter of Time: Meet Hipster Mickey Mouse (PHOTOS)
- Bunny Babes! 15 Toddlers Who are All Ready for Easter
- ‘Flying Henry’ Magically Lands in Bookstores (PHOTOS)
- No Bunny Does Easter Like These 10 Awkward Easter Bunnies