Toddler Extortion 101: Little Girl Offers Dad Her Love Only If She Gets My Little Pony (VIDEO)Meredith Carroll
Never underestimate the smarts of a 3-year-old. Never.
A little girl (who’s no stranger to smartness) was recently shopping with her dad when she came up with an ingenious way to get him to buy her a My Little Pony: offer her love in exchange for the doll. Or, more specifically, threaten to withhold her love if she didn’t get the doll.
Here’s where the smart part came in — she didn’t actually say she wouldn’t love him if he didn’t buy it for her. She said she “won’t be able to.” It’s a subtle and yet enormous distinction. The mafia would be proud.
It didn’t work, but you can’t blame a girl for trying.
Take a look:
Photo/video credit: YouTube
More from Meredith on Babble:
- Photographer Shines a Spotlight on Freckle-speckled Faces in a Lovely Portrait Series (PHOTOS)
- Ha! Guys with Fancy Lady Hair are Fierce, Fabulous and Only a Wee Bit Feminine (PHOTOS)
- 10 Reasons Why Being a Mom is the Worst
- Sibling Similarities are Cleverly Featured in Photographer’s ‘Base Pairs’ Portrait Series
- Warning: Strong Babies Ahead. Proceed with Caution! (PHOTOS)
- 10 Comically Serious Reasons Why Kindergarten is Harder on Moms Than Kids
- 25 Japanese Schoolgirls Posing Identically with Fruit Highlight Their Delicious Differences