Top 10 Best-Paid Jobs You Can do From AnywhereMadeline Holler
As dreamy as working from home may seem, it’s not. All-day pajamas get depressing. The hallway commute quickly loses its charm. There are constant interruptions and never by your office mate asking where you want to go eat lunch.
Also, the pay. Working from home is often on contract and just like in the brick-and-mortar world, incomes vary. But there are a few gigs that offer the whole package — flexible work time, flexible work location and a solid-gold(-ish) paycheck. More companies are looking at hiring telecommuters, which means no matter where you live, job opportunities could open up.
The best are in the field of healthcare and, if you’re not already working in that area, require specific schooling. But others could be more open, depending on your, ahem, sex talk game.
1. Teleradiologists — earn anywhere between $100,000 and $400,000 reading emailed x-rays while sitting on your couch.
2. Telepharmacists — around $120,000 per year on average.
3. Telenurses — starting at $61,000
4. Technical writers — $63,000 per year.
5. Online post-secondary teachers — here you can command $62,000 teaching college or professional classes while the TV is on in the background.
6. Translators — $43,000 per year, depending on the language.
7. Phone sex operators — about $40,000 and you never have to look them in the eye.
8. Virtual tax preparers — these folks earn around $39,000 per year, a pretty nice supplemental income for a family. Plus, it doesn’t require a degree, only some amount of training.
9. Medical transcriptionists — $33,000 and some community college classes are what you need to get started.
10. Customer service rep — you need a quiet space but the hours are set and the pay is around $30,000 per year.
Thinking about working from home? Consider this dad’s manifesto before quitting your office job.