Stick a fork in “God Bless America.” The song is done. It’s ov-ah.
Four-year-old Darla Hollaway, who, according to Yahoo Sports, was diagnosed acute lymphoblastic leukemia when she was just 2, sang it before the Red Sox, Orioles game at Fenway Park on Aug. 27, and she did such a good job, the song should just retire.
Darla’s appearance was thanks to The Jimmy Fund, the charitable arms of Boston’s Dana-Farber Cancer Institute that raises funds for adult and pediatric cancer care and research. And they make awesome things happen. Like Darla singing before a game.
Take a look:
Video credit: YouTube
More from Meredith on Babble:
- 10 Ways Being a Mom Will Make You Feel Older Than Dirt
- 7 Truths Moms Have to Learn the Hard Way
- Splash! 20 People Respond Hilariously While Getting Doused in the Face with Water
- 18 Sweet Babies Comically Pucker Up to Sour Lemon Slices
- Look, Kids! Big Ben! 10 Awkward Vacation Photos More Painful Than the Griswolds’
- Photographer Uses Children to Brilliantly Re-create 6 Famous Images of Pop-Culture Icons
- 15 Hilarious Photos of a Little Girl with a Big Personality in ‘Photogenic Princess’ Series
- Clever Photographer Chalks Up a Win with Baby “Blackboard Adventures’ Portraits (PHOTOS)
- The Sound of Silence: 7 Reasons Why Quiet Never Also Means Peace with Little Kids