What Are Teens Sharing On Social Media? (Infographic)Cecily Kellogg
Have you wondered what your teens are sharing on social media or what their friends are sharing with them? The Pew Internet research center conducted a survey of over 800 teens to discuss how they share on social media, and the results might surprise you: teens practice far more “reputation management” online than expected.
This doesn’t mean they practice privacy; according to the study, they post extensive private information online.
- 91% post a photo of themselves, up from 79% in 2006.
- 71% post their school name, up from 49%.
- 71% post the city or town where they live, up from 61%.
- 53% post their email address, up from 29%.
- 20% post their cell phone number, up from 2%.
Here’s more detail in a handy infographic produced from the study. Some parents might find this the start of an interesting discussion with their teens about their social media behavior.