My favorite ice cream flavor is chocolate. Apparently due to my choice of this dark creamy treat – according to Baskin Robbins – I am “more likely to be dramatic, lively, charming, flirtatious, seductive and gullible.” My daughter’s favorite flavor is strawberry which means she apparently is, “more likely to be a tolerant, devoted and an introvert.”
Me? I’m not very dramatic or gullible but I do like to think of myself as lively, charming and seductive. And while my 7-year-old is tolerant and devoted, I would say she is a far cry from an introvert.
I would like to think of myself as more of a Chocolate Chip or a Pralines ‘n Cream kind of gal (*see below).
How did Baskin Robbins come up with these personality definitions based on ice cream preferences? They enlisted the insights of Dr. Alan Hirsch, a “nationally recognized smell and taste expert and founder of the Smell & Taste Treatment and Research Foundation.”
“We uncovered quite a few surprising findings when investigating what a person’s favorite ice cream flavor says about their personality,” said Dr. Hirsch. “For instance, we found that people who prefer Rainbow Sherbet are more pessimistic than you would think, in spite of the flavor’s bright taste profile, and that those who prefer Rocky Road are actually very good listeners.”
Here are some of the results,via USA Today. What does your favorite flavor say about you and your kids?
– If your favorite flavor is Vanilla, you’re more likely to be impulsive, easily suggestible and an idealist.
– If your favorite flavor is Chocolate, you’re more likely to be dramatic, lively, charming, flirtatious, seductive and gullible.
– If your favorite flavor is Strawberry, you’re more likely to be a tolerant, devoted and an introvert.
– If your favorite flavor is Mint Chocolate Chip, you’re more likely to be argumentative, frugal and cautious.
– If your favorite flavor is Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, you’re more likely to be ambitious, competitive and a visionary.
– If your favorite flavor is Rocky Road, you’re more likely to be aggressive, engaging and a good listener.
Photo Source: iStockPhotos