7 People Names That Make Great Dog NamesDevan McGuinness
I have this thing for pets given cute names that wouldn’t make sense for anything other than a dog. As in, I don’t like it at all. I would so much prefer our animal friends to be given, what I consider, real names. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with looking at the popular baby name lists when you’re looking to choose the perfect name for your dog.
There are some names that I think can fit well into both categories. They’re “real” names (you know, not like Mr. CuddlePants), but they’re still quite fitting to name a dog.
Here are my top 7 picks for dog names that meet in that middle:
1) Buddy: Typically a nickname for people, but this name would be perfect for a dog.
2) Molly: I may be partial to this because it’s the name of one of my sister’s dogs, but it’s just so fitting for a puppy!
3) Hunter: This name is rising in popularity for people, but personally I think it makes for a great dog name.
4) Max: SO popular for babies, this name is everywhere. It’s also been a pretty classic dog name and well, it fits.
5) Beatrice: It’s one of those old-school names that sound pretty, but you never hear anymore since it’s so old. It would make the perfect choice for an elegant dog.
6) Gus: All I think about when I hear this name is that cute pudgy mouse from Disney’s Cinderella. It is not only perfect for a mouse, but would be cute for a small dog.
7) Maggie: Such a pretty name for a girl or a girl dog because it’s short, sweet and it never stops sounding pretty.
:: What is your dog’s name? ::
Photo credit: istockphoto