I recently wrote a post about activities and events for your pets and in it I also gave you two good websites for finding restaurants and hotels that were pet friendly. Well, we have hit the jackpot! Dog Jaunt is even better! This website was started by Mary-Alice Pomputius who lives in Seattle. She has compiled information and all sorts of helpful guidelines for traveling with your dog, no matter how long the trip. The one caveat is that some of her advice (e.g. airplane carriers) is geared towards smaller dogs. The website even has a list of places where you might expect pets to be allowed, but they are not.
Besides just hotels and restaurants, Ms. Pomputius gives great information on the following:
- Airplane travel (carriers, pet relief areas in airports around the country, international airline rules)
- Biking with your dog
- Dog travel links that are regularly added to the site
- Dog travel tips and tricks
- Regular and luxury hotels that are pet-friendly in the US and abroad
- Phone apps for pet resources and information
- Sailing with your dog
The list goes on! This site either has the information you need, or the link to find it. There are also several sites for dog gear that Ms. Pomputius likes. I think this website has all the information you would get if you paid for a guide book on traveling with dogs, and it’s all free!
Below are some great travel products from sites that Dog Jaunt likes:
Recent posts by Amy: