When I was a kid, I used to collect these animal cards and I was obsessed. Each card had a few photos of a specific animal and included all the scientific information like their class, species and fun facts about them. It had a map for where these animals were found and I looked at them all the time.
I don’t know why I love strange information and trivia, but I do. One thing I love to look up and learn is the actual names that are used for groups of animals. We’ve all heard of a murder of crows and while that still makes no sense to me, there are so many more that are just as strange.
Each animal, insect and so on has a specific name for what you would call a group. I’ve got here 20 of them that I think are fun:
nggallery template=’carousel’ id=’131135′
Photo credits: Photostock
More on Babble:
- 8 Cats Who Tried to Sit But Just Don’t Fit
- 11 Cats Share Their Spring Break Plans
- 16 Best Cat GIFs on the Internet
- 10 Dog Professions and the Breeds Most Commonly Used
- 10 Ways to Encourage Your Child to Exercise More This Spring
- 12 Photos of Menswear Dog, the Most Dapper Dog Around
- Social MEowDIA Explained By Cats