I have unbelievable respect for firefighters. They risk their lives to help save people, property, and pets each day. Doing a job that has so many risks and unpredictability involved, you need to be a special kind of person to choose this profession and do it from the heart.
I could never be that person. It’s not that I don’t see the need or compassion for others, but I have a crazy fear of fire and can’t imagine putting myself at that risk. I am so thankful that there are men and women out there with that type of compassion and fearlessness.
I came across a video uploaded by YouTube user kalanick1111, of a firefighter going into a house filled with smoke and finding a small kitten left behind. Watch as the firefighter gently brings the kitten back to health, saving her life:
More on Babble:
- 15 Animals Who Haven’t Had Their Morning Coffee
- 15 Animals Master the Art of Taking a ‘Selfie’ Photo
- 13 Fun Facts About the Adorable Morkie
- 18 Pets Who Are Totally Bored By You
- 17 Fluffy Cats
- 14 Pets Who Long to be Famous