I spend a lot of time listening to the issues and concerns of pregnant women. As a result, I often think about what *they want*. Over the years I’ve come up with a pretty solid wish list that can easily be re-purposed for the holidays.
Of course some things can’t be stuffed in a stocking– orgasmic births and uninterrupted sleep, for example. But there are a few things that can; and they may bring you a bounty of gratitude.
Here are some ideas:
TEN GIFTS PREGNANT WOMEN MIGHT ACTUALLY LIKE
1. A body pillow for the third trimester
2. A prenatal massage
3. A robe, pajamas, and/or slippers for post-birth convalescing
5. Soothing pregnancy and postpartum products like these.
6. A pre- or postnatal yoga class series
7. One of my top five favorite birth books.
8. A novel to read during those long days leading up to labor; this one got my labor going
9. An awesome Boob™ shirt
10. A digital camera or video camera to record your first years as a family
photo: JOE MARINARO/flickr