Pregnancy is truly an amazing and glorious time in a woman’s life. Not everyone agrees, but pregnancy really is a miracle. From one cell, we create an entirely new human being!
Pregnancy does come with its share of ups and downs, and sometimes it can be hard to accept your new, pregnant shape. But pregnancy is something that should be enjoyed, and celebrated!
That’s why I want to give you 10 reasons why pregnancy is beautiful!
Pregnancy shouldn’t be hidden or ignored. It should be celebrated! Every woman feels differently about how she wants to celebrate her pregnancy, and all ways are good. And there are lots of reasons to celebrate!
1. Creating a new life — There is nothing more amazing than creating a brand new life! Just think about all the amazing changes that are happening to your baby each day. That’s beautiful!
2. New shape with a purpose – As that life is created, your shape will change. It’s for a reason! It’s not because you’re not exercising or not eating well; it’s because of that amazing new life. Cherish it!
3. Perfectly female – Is there anything more distinctly female than pregnancy? It’s an amazing, feminine experience!
4. Physical bonuses – A lot of women do experience lush hair, nails, larger breasts, etc. while pregnant. Why not enjoy it?
5. Baby moving – Knowing that inside your bump, there is a real, live baby is pretty awesome! How many of you just sit and watch the baby move sometimes? That’s life, and that’s beautiful.
6. No worries about extra weight – For once, you don’t have to fret that your hips are a little wider, or your thighs are touching. Even if the extra weight you gain is not in your belly, it is there for a reason: to nourish your baby! Celebrate the pregnant shape as a whole!
7. Special glow — Even before others can tell you’re pregnant, you know it. It’s like a special, awesome secret that you carry around with you all the time. And it shows on your face…that silly, happy grin you get whenever you think, “I’m pregnant!!” (or was that just me?)
8. Made to grow babies — Your body is not just your own; it has a purpose. It was made to grow a baby! And now that you are doing just that, love it. Enjoy it.
9. Strength — Let’s face it, there are some less-than-pleasant moments in pregnancy. But women are strong enough to endure them! That is beautiful too!
10. Baby arriving — That baby and its arrival, no matter how it happens, is a beautiful thing. There is just nothing else like it. Experiencing the birth and then holding the baby that grew in your body all those months…amazing!
What is beautiful about pregnancy to you?
Top image by amrufm