When I was a teenager, I remember hearing all kinds of things about sex that I now know are totally false.
It’s no wonder there are so many pregnant teens today. We can’t blame this whole teen pregnancy epidemic on 16 and Pregnant. Parents teach your children what sex is and HOW pregnancy happens so stupid lies about pregnancy can be understood before it’s too late!
Here Are 10 You Can’t Get Pregnant If… Rumors & Lies
1. You Can’t Get Pregnant If It’s Your First Time
That’s right – God totally gives virgins a “first time, no worries” pass. WRONG!
2. You Can’t Get Pregnant If You are on Birth Control
3. You Can’t Get Pregnant If You Have Sex in a Pool
It’s all about sperm meets egg. If that can happen, so can a baby.
4. You Can’t Get Pregnant If a Guy Pulls Out
Oh girls, what you have to learn about sex. Withdrawl method or “pulling out” isn’t an effective birth control method. Use a condom!
5. You Can’t Get Pregnant If You Take a Bath Right After Having Sex
Bathing isn’t a method for sperm removal, sweetheart.
6. You Can’t Get Pregnant If Your Partner Drinks Mountain Dew Before Having Sex
All I am going to say is 1 LUCKY teenager was saved by pregnancy and must have started this DUMB conception rumor. Mountain Dew or any other soda for that matter, does NOT reduce sperm count nor prevent pregnancy.
7. You Can’t Get Pregnant If You’re On Your Period
While this may not be your “peak” time during the month to conceive, don’t ever rule anytime out as a “safe time to have sex”. Use protection, please.
8. You Can’t Get Pregnant Because You Just Started the Pill
Actually, you have made a great step in protecting yourself, but do know the pill doesn’t work from the second you take it. It isn’t like tylenol! Doctors often recommend back-up protection (such as condoms) the first 2 weeks you start the pill.
9. You Can’t Get Pregnant If You’ve Never Had a Period
While there is something wrong with me even having to type this, you ovulate before your first period even starts. Now Mama Bear in me comes out… if you haven’t had your period yet – you shouldn’t be reading or researching anything about pregnancy, talk to your parents.
10. You Can’t Get Pregnant If You Are Both Virgins
Just because you and your partner are virgins, by no means grants you a “have unprotected sex and not get pregnant” pass. You still have to use protection. And YES, you can get pregnant – even if you both are virgins.
What Rumors Did You Believe Growing Up About Getting Pregnant?