There are so many things that shape us as a person. We get a giant dose of life-changing events from when we’re kids, surrounded by our family. We’re shaped further by school, friends, and the experiences that we’ve been through. Some changes we go through happen due to life circumstances, meeting someone new, new opportunities, or new struggles.
For me, I can say that battling infertility has in many ways changed who I am. It’s not all negative, but the reality is that it’s not a “pretty thing” to go through and it’s beaten me down a little. I am better for infertility in some ways too, it’s amazing the life lessons you’ll learn when you’re not really looking.
Photo credits: photostock
More on Babble:
- 16 Moments of Pregnancy That Will Stay With Me Forever
- Everything You Need For Your New York Yankees Baby Shower
- 13 Tips for Raising Compassionate Children
- 10 Things You Probably Only Do During Your First Pregnancy
- 8 Reasons I Believe My Next Pregnancy Will Be Extra Memorable
- 12 Ways to Stop Yelling at Your Kids