Plan your wardrobe.
Even if you’re not planning on taking a cruise (perhaps for one of these reasons), a pregnancy vacation is always a good idea. If for no other reason than to just get away, clear your head, and rejuvenate yourself for the upcoming life change.
No matter where you’re going, here are some maternity wardrobe essentials for your vaca — especially if you’ll be taking a cruise:
1. Bathing suits - Pack at least two for your trip.
2. Lightweight dresses – Think comfy and cotton. You’ll probably want about two or three of these, depending on your wardrobe.
4. Shorts and tees – Good for excursions.
5. Skirts – One or two skirts is always a good way to rotate your limited wardrobe.
6. Tote bag – A summery bag for strolling during the port calls.
8. Sun-coverage hat – Not just for style — pregnancy skin can be more sensitive to the sun, leaving you susceptible to facial discoloration known as “the mask of pregnancy.”
9. A swimsuit coverup – I personally love a multi-functioning sarong.
10. Comfy pants – Yet another reason to buy these ultra-soft B.D.A (Before-During-After) pants from Belly Bandit.
11. One fancier dress – When you need a date night or you want to splurge on a fancier dinner.
12. Cardigan – Even the Caribbean can get chilly at night.