25 Things I Love About PregnancyKateTietje
I love being pregnant. I really do! I’ve always wanted to be pregnant, and I dreamed of it for years before the time was right. It just seemed so magical. (And in my first pregnancy, I woke up every single day — every day! right until the end — feeling like I had a magical, delicious secret!)
And while, yes, there are some less-pleasant parts to pregnancy, I still love it! In fact, I’m going to tell you my 25 favorite things about being pregnant!
1. Having a baby belly
2. Feeling the baby move
3. Being exhausted for a real reason!
4. Having strange cravings, and how good the food tastes when I get it
5. Picking a baby name
6. Watching my belly move around
7. Dreaming of what s/he will look like
8. Knowing a real person is developing inside me
9. Strangers smiling at me just because I’m pregnant
10. Folding tiny baby clothes and dreaming of the baby who will wear them
11. Making a special blanket just for my baby
12. Every midwives’ appointment
13. Hearing my baby’s heartbeat
14. Feeling special just because I’m carrying a baby
15. Knowing my baby is always with me
16. Anticipating labor and birth
17. Dreaming of what s/he is be like (personality)
18. Reading my “development” newsletter every week to see what my baby looks like
19. Knowing what new “skills” my baby is learning each week
20. Swaying to music and knowing my baby is listening with me
21. Setting up the house and the car for a new baby
22. Being unable to bend over anymore because the baby’s in the way!
23. Talking to my children about the coming baby
24. Going through labor
25. The moment of birth! Then I get to hold and see the baby I’ve been dreaming of so long.
I really do love every part of pregnancy!