I love being pregnant. I really do! I’ve always wanted to be pregnant, and I dreamed of it for years before the time was right. It just seemed so magical. (And in my first pregnancy, I woke up every single day — every day! right until the end — feeling like I had a magical, delicious secret!)
And while, yes, there are some less-pleasant parts to pregnancy, I still love it! In fact, I’m going to tell you my 25 favorite things about being pregnant!
- Having a baby belly
- Feeling the baby move
- Being exhausted – for a real reason!
- Having strange cravings, and how good the food tastes when I get it
- Picking a baby name
- Watching my belly move around
- Dreaming of what s/he will look like
- Knowing a real person is developing inside me
- Strangers smiling at me just because I’m pregnant
- Folding tiny baby clothes and dreaming of the baby who will wear them
- Making a special blanket just for my baby
- Every midwives’ appointment
- Hearing my baby’s heartbeat
- Feeling special just because I’m carrying a baby
- Knowing my baby is always with me
- Anticipating labor and birth
- Dreaming of what s/he is be like (personality)
- Reading my “development” newsletter every week to see what my baby looks like
- Knowing what new “skills” my baby is learning each week
- Swaying to music and knowing my baby is listening with me
- Setting up the house and the car for a new baby
- Being unable to bend over anymore because the baby’s in the way!
- Talking to my children about the coming baby
- Going through labor
- The moment of birth! Then I get to hold and see the baby I’ve been dreaming of so long.
I really do love every part of pregnancy!