5 Products That Will Save a New Mom Her Sanity!Danielle
There are so many products on the market today, and all the companies will tell you that you need their product, especially if you are a first time mother! I bought into all of it when I had my oldest son in 2007… and I wish I would have had the advice of myself now… looking back.
Now going on to our third child after getting rid of most of our gear after number two grew out of it, there are a ton of things I knew I could skip on this time around… and a couple things I went out of my way to track down again knowing I could not keep my sanity with a newborn, a two year old, and a three and a half year old without.
I wanted to share my seasoned opinion, and advice with those new mothers out there to help keep your own sanity!
1. The Boppy Newborn Lounger – Let me tell you… If I didn’t have this for the first couple months of my oldest son’s life, before he outgrew it… I don’t know what I would have done. It helped me get things done, shower, relax, recover from my c-section in bed while watching the little one, everything. I could have never done it without the pillow. When my second son came, we didn’t use it and looking back I wished that we did! I am still wondering where the heck it went during our move?
This pregnancy, I scouted all over and finally found it Friday night and bought it on the spot. Anything to keep things simple this time around!
2. A Swing!!!! – With my Owl theme, I was excited to find a great deal on the Woodland Creatures swing, since my youngest son killed the motor in our last swing. My husband, who has a background in electronics couldn’t even fix the motor. I guess we just used it way too much! But the swing was heaven sent!
3. Glider – Man, if I could remember how many nights I fell asleep myself in the glider after finally getting a baby to sleep… I found out quickly when our second child came into play that sometimes co-sleeping just doesn’t work. We co-slept with our oldest son, and our second simply wanted no part of it, heck, he didn’t want any part of sleeping in general. A nice comfy glider is always the answer, I promise!
4. Infant Bouncer – One of the ones that you can drag into the bathroom when you shower, or throw in the trunk of the car to go.
5. Baby Carrier – Something you can wear! Baby wearing saved my sanity so many days. Especially with my oldest son who loved to be held all the time.
Those were my big savers! What were some of your must have – will save your sanity baby products?