5 Things I Will Miss About Being PregnantHolly Whitney
A few days ago I shared with you the five things I cannot wait to do after pregnancy.
Today I want to talk about the five things I will miss about being pregnant.
This particular pregnancy hasn’t been an easy one and chances are it will be the last time I am ever pregnant. Knowing that is a strong possibility is bittersweet. I’m so thankful that I’ve made it to the 32 week mark so far and have been able to carry a second child so far this time. Next month I turn 35 and the reality of it is that two kids are probably enough for us. I never really wanted more than three at any point in my life. And yet the idea that I will never experience this amazing journey of pregnancy again is a little heart wrenching.
It really is a gift and there are definitely parts of it that I will miss.
1. Feeling the baby kick. This has to be one of the best things ever. How cool is it that you can feel life growing and moving inside of you? Amazing.
2. Having a rock hard stomach. I like to joke that when I’m pregnant is the only time my stomach has been solid. The reality is that it is true.
3. Ultrasounds & dopplers. The technology that allows us to see our baby inside us and hear its heart beating is so cool. It doesn’t beat holding that baby in your arms but is still pretty special.
4. Watching my four year old hug my belly. I love the way my son has already bonded with the baby growing inside of me. I know it will just get better once Huggy Baby comes but to have him hug my belly now, talk to the baby, and sing him songs just melts my heart.
5. Being a vehicle for life. Knowing that I’m doing all that I can to ensure this human inside me grows into a healthy baby makes me so proud. The human body is an amazing thing and being able to grow life inside of me makes me feel so very fortunate. I’m truly humbled by the opportunity.
What are the things you will (or do) miss most about being pregnant?