A Love Letter to My Pre-Pregnancy Closetemily
It’s not you, it’s me. It’s time we part ways for what looks like an extended period of time. I’ve known this day has been coming, although I really do feel like it came a bit sooner than expected. I really had hoped we could make it though the end of the summer, but who was I really trying to kid?
I specifically need to say good-bye to a few pieces:
- To my best loved pair of skinny jeans: Sigh, you and I were just too good to be true. It feels like just last fall I finally got up my confidence to wear you. My only hope is that someday we will get back together again and you will still be in style.
- To my workout tanks with built-in bras: I feel like I should sing to you “we’ve only just begun” by The Carpenters, since our relationship was relatively short lived. I won’t forget you, if you don’t forget me. Promise.
- To my tall boots: I really thought for sure that I would be able to keep you around this fall, unfortunately, my cankles thought otherwise. I will keep you close to my heart, and my nose, as I love to smell your soft leathery goodness.
- To my vintage wool coat: You’ve withstood the test of time, surely you can sit a season out and wait for me.
- And lastly, to my high heels: Unfortunately, this might be the end of the road for us. Like, forever. I’m not sure I will ever be able to love you like you deserve to be loved. I think you might be better off without me. Please don’t hate me. I promise to find you a good home.
Again my dear closet, I really didn’t mean for this to happen so soon. Hopefully you can understand where I’m coming from, and wait for my return.
Love and understanding,
~ Emily xoxo
What’s been the hardest piece of clothing you’ve had to temporarily say goodbye to?