Does your favorite local, state, or national park need a makeover? Be sure to check out Coca-Cola’s America is Your Park program. During this year’s America is Your Park contest, Coke will award recreation grants to the top three parks with the most votes – $100,000 for first place, $50,000 for second and $25,000 for third. Additionally, a $15,000 grant will be awarded to a lucky park that comes in 4th to 25th place.
Last year’s winner, Oak Park of Minot, North Dakota, took home the grand prize because community residents banded together to raise awareness about the contest. The park, which had been destroyed by a historic flood, is now a safe and fun place to play, gather, and enjoy the outdoors.
Click through to learn how to vote for your favorite part, as well as tips and tricks to help your park get even more votes.
To increase your park’s odds of winning the grand prize, try these simple techniques:
- To vote for your favorite park, visit livepositively.com/parks. Voting only takes a few seconds and registration is not required. You can vote until July 15, 2012.
- Create a Facebook page encouraging your friends and community members to vote. Share regular updates, ranking status, and pictures of community members at the park.
- Use Coke’s Facebook badge photo as your Facebook profile image or cover photo after voting; it’s available at livepositively.com/parks.
- Hold a community block party at the park. Encourage people to ‘check-in’ while they’re at the park; each ‘check-in’ on Foursquare earns 100 extra bonus votes! Visit livepositively.com/parks for information on this aspect of voting.
- Send out e-mails, letters, and tweets to park officials, community leaders, small business owners, and other important members of your community asking them to vote.
- Visit livepositively.com/parks for even more tips and tricks.
This is sponsored content from Babble and The Coca-Cola Company. All opinions expressed in the post are my own and not those of Coca-Cola. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Only legal residents of the 50 U.S. (and D.C.) who are at least 13 years old and reside within the U.S. at the time of participation are eligible to vote for a Park. Participate on behalf of a Park by: July 15, 2012. The 3 most popular Parks will be offered a grant and there will be 1 Wild Card drawing at the end of the Contest to award an additional grant. To participate, for Official Rules, and complete details including grant descriptions, visit www.LivePositively.com/parks. Void where prohibited. Click here to see more of the discussion.