I haven’t had too many baby shower invites and I had one thrown for me over 8 years ago so I don’t have much experience with them. I’ve heard that the games are not that fun, but there are a million different themes for the party and that can set the tone for the whole day.
I have been checking out different baby shower ideas over the past few months and some themes are pretty common. I like unusual, unique things that stand out and that’s where a book-theme comes in. Forgo the typical baby gifts and ask your guests to bring a book for the child’s library. Decorate with all the classical kid books from banners to cake and even the classic baby shower gift, the diaper cake.
Here’s some more ideas:
nggallery template=’carousel’ id=’131875′
More on Babble:
- 16 Moments of Pregnancy That Will Stay With Me Forever
- Everything You Need For Your New York Yankees Baby Shower
- 13 Tips for Raising Compassionate Children
- 10 Things You Probably Only Do During Your First Pregnancy
- 8 Reasons I Believe My Next Pregnancy Will Be Extra Memorable
- 12 Ways to Stop Yelling at Your Kids