As I write this, the wind is blowing hard and the temperatures are dropping fast. Halloween truly kicks off the beginning of the holiday season, and I am really looking forward to kicking back and relaxing with my friends and family.
I thought it would be fun to create a little list of all the friend and family activities that I’m looking forward to this year. Do you have the same traditions?
1. My husband and I go to a Christmas tree farm to pick out of tree. He saws it down and drags it across a beautiful field to the cashier, who hands out free hot chocolate. I am very much looking forward to getting our tree and sharing this experience with my baby boy.
2. Christmas cookies! Need I say more? I especially love this gingerbread recipe from Martha Stewart.
3. Going around the table at Thanksgiving and announcing what we are especially grateful for this year.
4. Giving my son his first Christmas present. But I must confess. With one exception, I’m going to get him prettily wrapped empty boxes. He’ll be 6 months old – far to young to appreciate an onslaught of toys; however, he will definitely appreciate ripping the paper off the boxes.
5. Buying a special 2012 ornament for the tree. I may get my son’s name inscribed on it because his birth was, by far, the best thing that happened this year!
6. Watching Elf over and over and over again. This is, by far, my favorite holiday movie, although I also am addicted to Love Actually. We have a cozy ‘man cave’ where we watch movies. Can’t wait to curl up on the couch and fire up that Xbox 360 (I never even knew you could watch movies using the Xbox 360 until recently!).
7. Setting New Year’s Resolutions. Call me corny, but I adore resolutions. Or at least the idea of them.
Read more from CaitlinHTP on her blog, Healthy Tipping Point.