How Much Does Baby Weigh?caitlinhtp
One of my favorite parts of pregnancy have been reading the weekly updates and learning how my baby develops from week-to-week. “This week, she/he can hear!” I’d say to my husband. “And next week, she/he will have all of the taste buds she’ll be born with!”
Most of the week-by-week descriptions use fruits or vegetables to compare the baby’s size; personally, I always always found this practice to be a bit daft. A cucumber comes in many different sizes. And who really knows how big a passion fruit is, anyway? Not me.
I’ve preferred to check out a more scientific fetal height and weight chart. Of course, all babies grow at different rates, but I can understand “your baby is 0.75 pounds” better than “your baby is as big as a melon!”
Click through to read fetal height and weights.
For a complete chart, check out this page. Here are some highlights:
- 8 weeks: 0.63 inch from crown to rump and 0.04 ounce
- 16 weeks: 4.57 inches from crown to rump and 3.53 ounces
- 20 weeks: 10.08 inches from crown to heel and 10.58 ounces
- 25 weeks: 13.62 inches from crown to heel and 1.46 pound
- 30 weeks: 15.71 inches from crown to heel and 2.91 pounds
- 33 weeks: 17.20 inches from crown to heel and 4.23 pounds
- 38 weeks: 19.61 inches from crown to heel and 6.80 pounds
- 41 weeks: 20.35 inches from crown to heel and 7.93 pounds
How big is your baby? Right now, my little one is 32 weeks gestation and 3.75 pounds! Holy heck!