I get asked often if this pregnancy has been anything like the other three. And honestly, all four of my pregnancies have been stunningly the same. Now, don’t get me started on labor and delivery, because every labor and delivery couldn’t be more different from the next. The only thing consistent with my deliveries, is that all my babies have managed to come out of my vagina one way or another. But other than the common denominator of my vagina, they’ve all been grossly different.
But when it comes to gestation, apparently my body know how to do it only one way. And honestly, I can’t complain.
10 ways my body “does” pregnancy:
1. I always carry my weight/baby all out front.
2. I always hate the smell of coffee at the beginning and end of pregnancy.
3. I always carry to full term (or longer).
4. My lower back is always my primary complaint, but I have a great chiropractor.
5. I always crave salty foods such as pizza, chips & cheese, and the beloved mozzarella sticks.
6. Late pregnancy insomnia is always an issue for me. But I have a cocktail for that.
7. I start having Braxton Hicks contractions very early on, as early as 14 weeks.
8. I always feel my most confident and beautiful while pregnant.
9. Every pregnancy has come with a hefty dose of morning sickness. And I’m often left hungry.
10. My fingers always swell, and I have to take my wedding ring off very last minute.
If this is how my body “does” pregnancy, I truly feel like one of the lucky ones. I really have nothing to complain about, and would gestate 10 kids if I could. Wait, that’s totally not true. But you know what I mean…
How about you? Are your pregnancies similar to each other?