I Am Finally Able To Eat Again After Severe Morning SicknessDevan McGuinness
I can eat again! After 11 weeks of dealing with pretty severe morning sickness, I am finally feeling friendly with real food again. I have been on medication and modifications since about 6 weeks and I am thrilled that ever since approaching 15 weeks, the nausea and vomiting seems to be under control and more manageable.
I have been living off potatoes, crackers, and electrolyte popsicles for the past few months and it was all my delicate stomach could handle. I have experience with nausea and vomiting in pregnancy (also known as NVP) since I’ve had it with all my pregnancies. During my last pregnancy, I had NVP until the day after I delivered. And I knew it was something I could expect this time around too.
I was hopeful it wouldn’t last as long this time, but I was as prepared for it as I could be.
Over the past week or so, I have finally been feeling well enough to venture back into the world of “real food.” My go-to is fruit—like all the fruit in the world. And anything sour, like orange juice.
I still have a sensitive stomach. I can’t handle too much outside of fruit right now. (Meat is a big NO-GO!) But oh! How wonderful it feels to have a little relief from the morning sickness.
:: How long did your bad morning sickness linger around? ::
Photo credit: Accustomed Chaos | Instagram
More on Babble:
- 18 Baby Names Inspired By Cocktails
- 10 Baby Names Inspired By Barbecue Season
- 8 Tips for Beating Pregnancy Fatigue
- 9 Ways to Dress Up Your Bump For a Maternity Photo Shoot
- 9 Things That Seem to Make My Morning Sickness Worse
- 8 Things I Did Differently That I Believe Helped Me Get Pregnant
- 10 Things I’m Really Looking Forward To With This Pregnancy