I think this is funny. A lot of men assume women only want girls and they’ll be disappointed with boys. My husband even replies, “Well, she of course wants a girl someday but she’s happy it’s a boy.” I would prefer he just say, “No, she’s thrilled it’s a boy.” Because that’s the truth. We’re having a baby! That’s what matters.
Of course I admire the girl baby clothing section because it’s ten times larger than the boys and think about how much I don’t know about boys but then it’s quietly confirmed to me that this is my son and I’m his mama. He’s meant for our little family. How could I be disappointed?
Here are some things I’ve heard from moms of boys that make me happy:
- There’s nothing like a little boy’s love for his mom.
- Boys are energetic and crazy but so much fun.
- Little boys give the best hugs and kisses.
- They’re a lot more fun to dress than I thought they would be.
- There’s a certain frenetic joy to them.
I can’t wait for this little boy to join our family.
image: Rachel Thurston